Rewrite Your Skin’s Future
Micro-Needling with PRP
The Eclipse MicroPen® is a revolutionary cordless dermal micro-needling device used by skincare professionals across the globe. Eclipse MicroPen® has several advantages over previous generation anti-aging devices such as lasers and dermal needle rollers. Dermatologists and aesthetic practitioners choose the Eclipse MicroPen® for the following reasons:
- Safety First. The Eclipse MicroPen® is inherently safer than other products, such as dermal rollers. The MicroPen® delivers greater efficiency and superior clinical results while maintaining the highest level of safety for both the patient and provider. It is also safe for most skin types, which means it is a great procedure for almost everyone!
- Faster is Better. MicroPen’s high-speed motor allows for a more efficient yet timely procedure. The rapid pen motion provides a more comfortable experience that patients describe as a mild sandpaper-like sensation.
- Customized For You. Each patient has unique skin needs and requirements. The variable pen position feature allows MicroPen® professionals to customize a treatment for best clinical results.
- Consistent Results. Safety and control features lead to predictable, consistent results. Compared to lasers and dermal rollers, MicroPen® is able to deliver reliable and improved outcomes for virtually every patient.
Autologous Platelet-Rich Plasma Defined
PRP is a high concentration of platelets surrounded in its own plasma. A small amount of blood is drawn and the red cells are isolated from he platelet-rich plasma. Since the autologous Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is processed from the patient’s own blood, there is virtually no risk of an allergic reaction or rejection.
Blood-Derived Growth Factors
The internal essence of your blood contains life-giving fundamental protein growth factors. PRP utilizes a leading-edge, patented technology that is specifically designed. With a simple, quick and advantageous process, your PRP professional is able to derive a high concentration of biological nutrient-rich cells and create autologous platelet-rich plasma.
- The practitioner draws an amount of blood similar to what is required for a basic lab test.
- The practitioner places the blood into a centrifuge and spins the blood at a very rapid rate to separate the platelets from the other components of the blood.
- The plates-rich plasma is activated to release to least eight essential growth factors and signaling proteins. Platelet-Rich plasma is a technology that delays aspects of blood-based biochemistry. Because all constitutes retrieved in PRP are exclusively from the patient (autologous in origin), there is virtually no risk of intolerance. Nevertheless, before any treatment, disclose all medications you are taking (including herbs) to your doctor.
In a single motion, the pen will be gently pressed against the skin while simultaneously
gliding in one direction until the entire treatment area has been covered.
Download New Patient Paperwork here
Frequently Asked Questions
What is automated Micro-Needling?
Automated Micro-Needling (also known as Epidermal Collagen Induction Therapy or ECIT) is a new innovation in aesthetic medicine for the treatment of the appearance of fine lines, acne scars and the improvement of the skin’s texture, tone and color. During this procedure, the Eclipse MicroPen® is used to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin in order to aid in the production of collagen and elastin. The skin’s repair process results in a thicker epidermis with a softer appearance of wrinkles. Eclipse MicroPen® Elite also creates micro-channels which allow topical gels, creams and serums to be absorbed more effectively, enhancing the effects in deeper layers of the skin.
What are the benefits?
Reduction in the appearance for fine lines, wrinkles, improved skin tone and texture and softer, younger-looking skin with fewer signs of aging. Eclipse Micro-Pen® Elite can improve the appearance of uneven skin tone, acne scars, traumatic scars and stretch marks.
What areas of the body do you treat?
Micro-Pen® Elite can be used on all parts of the body: face, neck décolleté, arms, hands, legs, abdomen and back.
How is the procedure performed?
A sterile cartridge containing 12 tiny micro-points is attached to the Micro-Pen® Elite. Your skin-care professional will apply sterile saline to your skin and select the appropriate pen position based on your unique needs. Next, in a single motion, the pen will be gently pressed against the skin while simultaneously gliding in one direction until the entire treatment area has been covered.
What does it feel like?
The feeling associated with the Eclipse Micro-Pen® Elite is similar to sandpaper being moved across the skin. While some areas are more sensitive than others, the speed of the reciprocating tip makes the treatment more comfortable.
When will I see results?
Patients notice an immediate “glow” to their skin. Visible changes to the skin develop over the course of several weeks. Results can continue to improve up to 6 months after the treatment.